Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin
for students enrolled in the SPRING 2004 ONLINE sections at Fullerton College

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Learning Style?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index -> What's Your Learning Style?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mambu_victor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: My learning style... Reply with quote

hicaro_manuel wrote:
After I took the survey, I've discovered that I am a hands on learner, I have always known that. I learn best when physically engaged in a "hands on" activity. After reading Strategies for the Tactile/ Kinesthetic Learner. I've learned that to help me stay focused on class lecture, I should sit near the front of the room and take notes throughout the class period. I will take this information and make sure to apply it in my various classes.
eventhough i learn better from lectures, hands on activities are the best form of learning quickly about a particular subject..
OMalley_Shannon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Hi Yunnie!! Reply with quote

Law is such a great area to get into! I think u should definitely give it all you got, its gonna be hard but dont give up, as will be veterinary science. I dont even want to think how hard it will be for me to get into a vet school, its harder than med school.
And hey, dont worry about posting right before the deadline, look at me, I am too!!!!!
Good Luck with everything sweetie!
-Shannon-
dang_trisha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: RE: What's Your Learning Style? Reply with quote

) I have learned that I am a visual/verbal learner. My distinct personality is the Dreamer-Minstrel. I am an optimist who believes all goals are achievable.
2) This information can assist me to better prepare for exams. It supports my current steps of creating outline notes summarizing information for classes, and reviewing these using flashcards before exams.
3) The information supports my current steps as a learner. I have to be cautious of being impratical in my time lines. My weakness is that I am usually overcommitted, and need to make sure I've planned enough time to get everything accomplished.
lee_adela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a visual learner. I have to see things being done in order for me to fully understand them. This should help me out with learning because I now know what I have to do in order to understand what is being taught. But i do know that i need to apply myself more and stop procastinating so that I can get my work done.
dang_trisha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: another assingment Reply with quote

gonzales_chris wrote:
I can learn how to be more structured and not procrastinate on my work. This would help the stress level so much, then I wouldnt have to stay up ti 11 doing homework.

I completely agree Jason!!!

I would benefit from some of the "procrastination" issues to help with my night owl tactics. Good luck this semester.

Chris

I have the same problems with procrastination Chris. It's easy to fall behind in an online structured course like this.
dang_trisha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: nadya Reply with quote

mateo_amber wrote:
Nadya-
My friends are constantly making fun of me because I also, have a planner thats in my binder. I'm constantly writing in it and checking my plans. I feel more organized and I feel like I get things done. I also have a hard time If things are spontaneous. I feel like I need to have time to think of creative things. I totally agree with you when you said that spontaneous things are alright after things are taken care of first. It's like you have to have priorities. Im not structured in my social life at all. Im constantly making too many plans and not being able to keep all of them but when it comes to school I have to be organized and think of it more seriously. Hopefully we'll stay organized this semester and do good in this class!

Hi Amber - I am the same way. I have to have a list of everything that needs to be done with timelines and constantly have to recheck it to make sure I am on schedule. It makes deadlines less stressful, and there's less cramming for exams.
lee_adela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey terisa i am the same way where i like to work alone on somethings. its just the way i like to finish stuff. i like to be more independent and learn on my own the way to acomplish things. and its true the sky is the limit.
lee_adela

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey amber its ok to have an agenda. its a good thing to be organized and ready for projects that need to be done. its not as stessfull when you know what your doing and know what needs to be done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index -> What's Your Learning Style? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: