Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin
for students enrolled in the SPRING 2004 ONLINE sections at Fullerton College

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to Know You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index -> Who Are Ya, Matey?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridges_john

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Kerry Spencer - - I always thought Travel Connection Reply with quote

Kerry Spencer - - I always thought Travel Connection was kinda like a pyramid scheme where people joined on with the intent to ...primarily purchase air travel a super cheap rates for their own benefit...maybe for friends and family. But I suppose if you really worked at the advertising you could be in business for yourself?
nunez_adriana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Getting to Know You Reply with quote

I totally understane what your saying about science, I also hate science myself thats why it has taken me so long to actually take these classes, im already frustrated whit the first assignment.

Flores_Zach wrote:
cardoff_helen wrote:
spencer_keri wrote:
Hey everyone. Smile My name is Keri Spencer and I live in Walnut, California which is only about 15 minutes away from Disneyland (in case you don't know where Walnut is).

I am majoring in English, although right now I am mainly aiming to get my A.A. degree done. I'll worry about my B.A. at another time. At first, I was majoring in Travel because of my want to be a successful travel agent, but I soon realized I would most likely never be able to get a B.A. with that in the future. Because of this, I chose to fall back on English because I have a love for writing. I also entertained the idea of majoring in Psychology, but quite honestly, I don't want to be in school as long as I would have to be to become a psychologist. Wink

As far as this course goes, I have always had an interest in the ocean and the marine life within it. I hate science classes with a fiery passion, but Oceanography sounded like it could actually be interesting. I'm trying to stay away from the "normal" classes to take for science requirements in order to complete my A.A. degree. I hope that I will come out of this course with an A or a B, but mostly that I will have fun and not be reinforcing my hatred for science again! Wink I also hope that the instructor will be patient and explain things a bit more in "human speak" when the book and technical jargon otherwise confuses us.

If you would like to know some personal things about me, I love to write poems, books, and songs on the piano although my main passion is with poetry. I am also a home-based travel agent part-time, and as you can tell from what I said earlier, I quite enjoy everything travel-related and love seeing people happy when they get to go on that vacation they've been waiting for all year. Smile Other than that, I honestly like to hang out online, talk with all my friends, hang out with my girlfriend, and just be normal basically. I can basically listen to any type of music, except for heavy metal and rap -†just not my cup of tea. My favorite TV shows at the moment are: Queer as Folk, the L word, The O.C., American Idol, One Tree Hill, and the Bachelorette. If any of these shows appeal to you, I'm happy to chat away about them anytime. Smile

Hopefully, now you have a better idea of who I am...and I look forward to getting to know all of you better throughout the semester. Smile

Hi. I love writing also. Especially poetry. I hope to write some inspired by the ocean. I just completed my AA in communications with emfasis in Journalism. have you published any? What kind of poetry do you like? Maybe you can share some with me.
Thanks.
Helen

Hey Keri,
Wow that sounds like a really cool position, home based travel agent. How in the world does a brother get involved with that? I'm starting a home based business too right now. Selling used cars. Nothing too glamorous but it pays the bills and I can finally get my school done. I'm majoring in Music now. I'm switching from Business/Computer Graphics. You said you play piano... Have you taken any courses her at Fullerton? Know of any good instructors? I also write and considered English as a major. Mostly songs, poetry, and some short stories. I'm a guitarist. Maybe you could post me some of your work and I can do the same. Let me know if you're interested. Take it easy. I look forward to working with you.

ZACH FLORES - FC/0078-5665
nunez_adriana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parker_nessa wrote:
hello all! my name is vanessa. i am in this class. sorry to post so late. as you can tell i am a bit of a procrastinator, but i am trying to work on that!! Wink i hope we all do well in the class! have fun!

Im a huge procrastinator, so we are on the same page, I dont know how well im going to do in a class thats its completely up to me to take the iniciative to do the work. anyways good luck.
kdesai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my names Krishna Desai. I have lived in Buena Park all my life. Iím studying to be a liberal arts major to teach elementary school hopefully kindergarten. In my spare time which I donít have a lot of because I go to school four days a week and work five is shopping, partying and anything else thatís fun.. My favorite movies are romance comedies I love 80ís R&B donít really have a favorite book. In this class I hope to learn more about the ocean and sea life. Iíve taken an online class before and I know there teacher is just there to help if you questions and basically your suppose to teach yourself.
kdesai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Berk_Kristan Reply with quote

You want to be a elementary school teacher too which should be a blast where do you plan on transfering to. you know any other schools that are good for liberal arts majors besides long beach and fullerton
kdesai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Jackson_kimberly Reply with quote

I love photography too i took one class in high school and i loved that class. i want to to learn to snowboard its sounds like fun
ibrikci_hakan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Salsa Reply with quote

Hi Berena
How was your trip? I am doing good too. Peru was great. Especially night life was unforgettable. You definitely should go when you have a free time. You traveled a lot. That's cool. I really want to go Cuba too. My friends from New York plan to go to Cuba for spring break. Maybe I will join them. The salsa places that you recommend me, I will check them out for sure. Good luck in the qouiz too. Take care yourself.

HAKAN

ramirez_berena wrote:
Hey Hakan: I am doing good, a little tired, I just returned from Sweden today. I was working over for a week. How are you doing? Hey Peru sound like a fun place. I am planning to do a backpacking trip through South America but I have to reserve a least three weeks and at the moment i am super busy. I have been to Sweden a few times, Demank, England, Switcherland, and Cuba. For Salsa dancing some of the places where I have been here in the area is Copa Cabana in Ponoma, Quiet Canyon, Cuban Petes, Mariposa in Long Beach. Hope you get to go, this places are pretty cool and they offer salsa lesson prior to the regular salsa night.. Talk you later and good luck in the quiz? How do you like US?
/Berena

ibrikci_hakan wrote:
Hey Berena. How are you doing? I am Hakan. Traviling is also one of my favorite hobbies. Which countries have you visited? Winter break I was in Lima, Peru. It is summer time overthere and I went to beach club to try Salsa. I was Suck Embarassed But i will learn for sure. By the way, i am an international student and i do not know many places to go. Do you know any good club? Let me Know please. Thanks and Good Luck to you.
ramirez_berena wrote:
Hello classmates! My name is Berena Ramirez, I live in Diamond Bar for a year and a half now, I come from the bay area where I lived for 10 years. I was born in Mexico and came to US when I was 11 years old. I moved to southern Cal, due to work reasons and so now I am studying at FJC as well. This is my third semester at Fullerton College. I have a degree in accounting and I am currently taking general requirements to transfer to Cal State Fullerton this coming fall, to work on my BA in International Business. I am taking Oceanography as part of my general requirements, from reading the course description it seems like it will be a very interesting course. One of my hobbies is traveling, thanks to my job I've the opportunity to visit a few different countries and it has been a great experience. Also I enjoy dancing and working out, I have been taking some salsa classes, so if anyone is interested in joining me just let me know. I look forward to getting to know during this course and I wish you luck this semester! Laughing
-Berena
echeverria_teresa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

hey classmates!
Hello everyone my name is Teresa . I am a full time student, I hope to get my AA and transfer to Cal State Fullerton in a couple of semesters. I enjoy listening to music, dancing, hanging out with family, and traveling. I love to snorkel, I have done so in Hawaii, and in March I will be going to Puerto Rico. I am so excited, I cannot wait. I reside in Chino Hills, not that far, but I hate traffic in the mornig to fullerton. I have taken an onlime course before, and i love it's flexibility. I enjoy learning from people, and being around to answer questions if I can help. I think online classes are a lot of fun. It just takes time to get familiar with it's procedures. well everyone good luck this semester!
teresa e.
echeverria_teresa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: to kristan Reply with quote

hey kristan
i am a liberal arts major too, and i hope to teach at an elementary school too, good luck this semester!!

berk_kristan wrote:
My name is Kristan and I am from Yorba Linda, California. My major is Liberal Studies and I want to teach elementary school. I took this class to learn more about the ocean and everything that goes on under there. It is like a whole other world that I don't know very much about. I think the animals in the ocean neat and very colorful and dolphins are one of my favorite animals. I hope the teacher is patient with this whole online thing but I also hope to learn a lot in this course. I love to go to the beach, shop, hang out with friends and my boyfriend.

echeverria_teresa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: kristan and michelle Reply with quote

hey girls, i love dolphins too, my room is decorated with dolphin wall paper, and i have been swimming with them at Sea World, it was an awesome experience. good luck this semester!

toten_michelle wrote:
Hi Kristan, I noticed your message because you mentioned dolphines they are one of my favorite animals too. Hope you do good in this course.

echeverria_teresa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Getting to Know You Reply with quote

hey ashley i am a huge jessica simpson fan too, she is so awesome! good luck this semester!

Gallo_Ashley wrote:
Hi My name is Ashley. I live in whittier, Cali. I am majoring in communicatins but as we all know we need a science to be able to graduate. i hope to have a better understanding about the oceanography topic by the end of this semester. I have hobbies such as playing waterpolo, and swimming. I also love to dance and listen to music. And yes i am a jessica simpson fan, even though she is a huge blond. This class seems like it will give many people a great oppertunity to understand oceanography in a great way. i hope we all have a great semester, Have Fun.

santana_yunnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Rosy,

Sorry I took so long to respond. You soiund really nice too. My cousin was teaching me to dance salsa, and I loved all the cool moves. Since I' m petite, he could really flip me, dip me, and twirl me. But once I hit the dance floor at a wedding in front of a lot of people, I got too nervous, and sucked. I got all tense, and my cousin didn't want to dance with me anymore. I don't blame him. Anyway, you sound like a spiritual person, that's cool. I'll talk to you later. Bye,

Yunnie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Introduction to Oceanography ONLINE with Professor Chamberlin Forum Index -> Who Are Ya, Matey? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: