Check Out Al Gore on VMAs - An Important Message
by Sean Chamberlin - Saturday, 2 September 2006, 06:49 AM

MTV Alerts | From a Friend
View Queen Latifah, Al Gore's Message
Sent by schamberlin@fullcoll.edu
cio
Re: Check Out Al Gore on VMAs - An Important Message
by Janell Cunningham - Saturday, 2 September 2006, 02:16 PM
  This generation has a heavy weight to bear - turning the environment around.  Pollution is affecting every last one of us in every last country on this planet.  It's like we all live in a fish bowl that has no outside way of being cleaned, that it can only happen from the inside.  It doesn't matter who is making the mess, it is affecting us all.  That this issue has to be addressed on a monetary level is unfortunately sad, but true.  I believe we will have bumps in the road figuring out a new economy centered on keeping the planet clean, but I believe it can be done.  Whether it can be done in time is another matter.

It's good MTV is using its connection with the younger generations to introduce the severity of what is happening in this world, as their help and insights are needed to help develop the technology and structure we all will need to make this thing work.  My family thinks I am alarmist.  I think I am realistic.  I am simply paying attention to what is happening.  A lot of times I don't want to because it scares the hell out of me.  I want to stick my head in the sand and wait for the nightmare to just be over, let everyone else be the do-gooders that get it done.  But it's real.  And it's not going away by itself.
Re: Check Out Al Gore on VMAs - An Important Message
by Melissa Otis - Sunday, 10 September 2006, 11:38 PM
  It is really disturbing to see how our mentality, that our actions do not affect anyone or anything, has greatly destroyed our planet.  It makes me so angry that we have not taken more care with the planet, and found better solutions to fixing the problem.  I am glad though, that at least now we are receptive to it, and not just thinking it is just a bunch of bull.  Al Gore is right, it is time to step up and join together and do something.